Photo Books Now Available for Order
You can now order your photo book for the final Big Als’ Poker Run, held on Saturday February 11th at Perry Lakes Reserve. Please click on the Eventbrite link below and follow the prompts to order yours today.
One more time for Big Al!
On the traditional second Saturday in February we held the final Big Al’s Poker Run in memory of the big man.
Same weekend, same venue, same great display of WA’s best pre ‘78 cars.
Once again we presented the Vintage Collective Markets who brought wonderful food trucks, kids rides and vintage collectables and wares.
This last authentic Big Al’s Poker Run was the best ever. Thanks to everyone who attended and made this one to remember.
Alan ‘Big Al’ Erdman
1951 – 2016
Founder of Big Al’s Poker Run (1981)
Champion reserve baseball player (1964)
Lifelong student of rock n roll dancing (forever)
A funny, generous and humble man with a wicked twinkle in his eye, and befriended by hundreds of people.
Lover of hot cars, women and cold beer.
Big Al’s Annual Poker Run
Welcome to the official Big Al’s Poker Run Website!
We are Western Australia’s biggest custom car show and cruise.
What is Big Al’s Poker Run?
It’s a fun family event for owners of hot rods /custom cars / trucks / pickups, classic and special interest vehicles. There are four events in this annual activity and it always starts on the second Saturday in February each year.
Big Al’s Poker Run is proud to present The Vintage Collective Markets who will once again be present at the event. The markets proved to be very popular for the whole family in 2016 and we can’t wait to see all the awesome vendors they bring in 2017. Check out what its all about by clicking here.
The four events are as follows:-
1) Show n shine event with celebrity judging – 10am to 4pm.
2) Big Al’s Poker Run 4pm (a fun car borne treasure hunt with cars following 4 different routes to find the evening event).
3) Evening event with a cash bar, dancing, prize giving and the opportunity to socialize with other Hot Rod lovers .
4) Twilight cruise on the following Wednesday night starting at 6pm and open to all car owners who booked into Big Al’s Poker Run.
In 2017, the proceeds after costs, will once again go to WA’s longest established childrens charity, Uni Camp For Kids.
– Hot Rods, custom cars, pick-ups, classic cars, vans and trucks
– All vehicles must be pre 1978 (except for late American classics like Mustangs, Corvettes, Cameros).
– Severely modified Holden Commodores VB or VC & Falcons (1st timers must send a photo to Ray first).
– No late jeeps, PT Cruisers, H3’s, Chrysler 300.page.