Big Al’s Annual Poker Run
Big Al’s Poker Run 2016 will be held on Saturday 13th February! Please see details below and keep an eye out for more information to be announced!
Welcome to the official Big Al’s Poker Run Website!
We are West Australia’s biggest custom car show and cruise, now in our 36th year. Our 35th anniversary show on 14th February was held at Perry Lakes for the first time and the new venue proved a huge hit with car owners and the public alike.
More shade, more grass, more food, more visitors and lots more first time exhibiters – many thanks to the Town of Cambridge for the use of their beautiful park.
Our celebrity judge this year, John Hughes was suitably impressed with the number and quality of cars and had a hard time identifying the class winners. Many car owners asked him for a selfie with their cars, and he was also asked several times for a trade in price on their custom cars and hotrods.
John himself imported three American classics from the 50’s in November and intends to do the cruise with us next year.
Have a look at the results tab to see this year’s winners,or check out the merchandise tab to see how to order a full colour photobook of the event – these are becoming collectors items now with many people collecting the full set (photobooks started in 2012).
What is Big Al’s Poker Run?
It’s a fun family event for owners of hot rods (pre ’48) /custom cars / trucks / pickups, classic and special interest vehicles. There are four events in this annual activity and it always starts on the second Saturday in February each year.
Big Al’s Annual Poker Run event is back for 2016! Held on Saturday 13th February at Perry Lakes Reserve, Floreat, hundreds of Hot Rodders will gather to show off their amazing cars and then participate in the classic poker run.
The four events are as follows:-
1) Show n shine event with celebrity judging – 10am to 4pm.
2) Big Al’s Poker Run 4pm (a fun car borne treasure hunt with cars following 4 different routes to find the evening event).
3) Evening event with a bar, prize giving and the opportunity to socialize with other Hot Rod lovers .
4) Twilight cruise on the following Wednesday night starting at 6pm and open to all car owners who booked into Big Al’s Poker Run.
The cost of the four events is $50 per vehicle with as many passengers as you can safely and legally cram in! You will find the online entry on the entry page. Entries close on the 2nd February, however, entrants may still register and enter on the day in person (extra $10 administration fee will apply).
If you have not got an eligible vehicle (see below) you can still attend as a spectator to the show and shine ($5 entry) and the evening presentations at Kingsway ($5 entry spectators).
After costs, the proceeds for Big Al’s Poker Run are donated to deserving causes. For the past several years we have been supporting the WA Motor Industry Foundation Inc “Wheels for Hope, changing lives through mobility.” Thanks to all our entrants and sponsors we have been able to donate over $43,000 over the past 5 years alone.
– Hot Rods, custom cars, pick-ups, classic cars, vans and trucks
– All vehicles must be pre 1978 (except for late American classics like Mustangs, Corvettes, Cameros).
– Severely modified Holden Commodores VB or VC & Falcons, but 1st timers must send a photo to Big Al first.
– No late jeeps, PT Cruisers, H3’s, Chrysler 300.
Still not sure? Contact Big Al on 0414 551928 or send a message via our facebook page.