Big Al’s Annual Poker Run
Big Al’s Quiz Night & Rock ‘n Roll Dance
Saturday 11th July 2015 7PM- Midnight
Theme: ‘R’ night eg. Rabbit, rat
Quiz starts sharp 7pm to 9pm then Rock & Roll dance to midnight
Best dressed male and female prize
Lucky ticket numbers
Pre-paid tables of 8 before 4th July will be reserved (please contact Big Al)
No BYO drinks – at bar only for great prices
Come and get your table from 6pm
Contact Big Al on 0414551928
Welcome to the official Big Al’s Poker Run Website!
We are West Australia’s biggest custom car show and cruise, now in our 36th year. Our 35th anniversary show on 14th February was held at Pe
rry Lakes for the first time and the new venue proved a huge hit with car owners and the public alike.
More shade, more grass, more food, more visitors and lots more first time exhibiters – many thanks to the Town of Cambridge for the use of their beautiful park.
Our celebrity judge this year, John Hughes was suitably impressed with the number and quality of cars and had a hard time identifying the class winners. Many car owners asked him for a selfie with their cars, and he was also asked several times for a trade in price on their custom cars and hotrods.
John himself imported three American classics from the 50’s in November and intends to do the cruise with us next year.
Have a look at the results tab to see this year’s winners,
or check out the merchandise tab to see how to order a full colour photobook of the event – these are becoming collectors items now with many people collecting the full set (photobooks started in 2012).
What is Big Al’s Poker Run?
It’s a fun family event for owners of hot rods /custom cars / trucks / pickups and classic vehicles. There are four events in this annual activity and it always starts on the second Saturday in February each year.
The next event will be on Saturday 13th February 2016 and we hope to return to Perry Lakes – watch this space for confirmation.
The four events are as follows:-
1) Show n shine event with celebrity judging – 8am to 4pm.
2) Big Al’s Poker Run 4pm (a fun car borne treasure hunt with cars following 4 different routes to find the evening event).
3) Evening event with a bar, prize giving and some rock n roll dancing to a live band.
4) Twilight cruise on the following Wednesday night starting at 6pm and open to all car owners who booked into Big Al’s Poker Run.
The cost of the four events is $60 per vehicle with as many passengers as you can cram in! Early bird price for pre bookers is $50, and entries will open for 2016 in November this year.
If you have not got an eligible vehicle you can still attend as a spectator to the show and shine ($5 entry) and the evening rock and roll ($15 entry).
After costs the proceeds of Big Al’s Poker Run are donated to charity. For the past several years we have been supporting the WA Motor Industry Foundation Inc “Wheels for Hope, changing lives through mobility”. We have donated over $43000 over the past 5 years to that charity alone.
– Hot Rods, custom cars, pick-ups, classic cars, vans and trucks
– All vehicles must be pre 1976 (except for late American classics like Mustangs, Corvettes, Comeros).
– Severely modified Holden Commodores VB or VC & Falcons, but 1st timers must send a photo to Big Al first.
– No late jeeps, PT Cruisers, H3’s, Chrysler 300.
Still not sure? Contact Big Al on 0414 551928 or send a message via our facebook page.